We’ve all known people, usually mothers, who refuse to give themselves a break from responsibilities, even for 10 minutes a day.
- She jumps in the shower while telling her husband about what “the teenager” did again today.
- She puts one foot in the tub only to pull the other right back out as the kids are banging on the door.
- The multi-tasking moms who just stick the kids in the tub with her to save time.
- He’s checking his emails and responding to texts, careful not to drop his phone in the tub.
Everyone needs time to themselves. Time to relax, recuperate and re-energize. What better place than in the bathroom? What better way than soaking in the tub?
Make taking care of YOURSELF a top priority in your daily routine and allow yourself to Lock That Door! Positivity should flow over your body, while the negativity is washed down the drain.
How can you accomplish this task?
- Take a bath when kids are all tucked away safely in their beds.
- Skip out on chores if you have alone time. Laundry will never be done. Just accept this fact.
- Tell your family you get “10 minutes of uninterrupted me time”. Get everyone settled (safe and supervised if necessary) . Explain the importance of alone time.
- Set a timer on your phone and leave it out of reach if it will distract you.
- Buy a cute clock for your bathroom- I love the soothing ticking sound of mine.
- Trade alone time with your spouse, roommate or neighbor.
- If you are a scheduler, then by all means schedule that bath!
- Morning people- which I am not- May enjoy a bath before everyone gets up….jump in the tub before you have your coffee or you may find distractions along the way.
- As much as this pains me to say, skip out on Jimmy Fallon and soak in that tub….be sure to record it for later though….I love that guy!
- Most importantly: 10 minutes is actual soak time. Gathering towels and looking around the house for your bath robe does not count. 10 minutes is submerged into the water until your foot steps back out.
10 minutes is the minimum of alone time to strive for…..I prefer 20 to 30 minutes…but that’s just me!